- 2 Whole Eggs (don’t leave out the yolk , that’s healthy fat)
- Water/Milk – 1 tablespoon
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper – half a teaspoon or to tatse (freshly grounded is always preferable)
- Spinach – 75 to 100 gms or how much/less you like (replacement : Broccoli/Mushroom)
- Celery – one medium stalk (optional) (replacement : Parsley, Coriander/Basil/ Mixed Italian Herbs-store bought)
- Olive Oil / Butter (what works best is a combination of both)
- Feta Cheese (optional) : 20gms or what looks enough ( replacement : Amul Cheese Cube/ Amul Cheese Slice.
- Mix your egg with water or milk, salt, and pepper. Now water/milk gives your eggs a fluffy texture. Also, if you are adding cheese don’t give too much salt, your cheese will have some salt. Set aside the mixture.
- Cut up the spinach and celery. The spinach should be just chopped into midsize pieces, don’t worry about shape and size. The celery should be tiny. Also please remember to use just the stalk, don’t use the leaves. You can replace spinach with broccoli or mushroom. You can replace celery with Parsley, Coriander/Basil/ Mixed Italian Herbs. If you are using leaves or herbs(not celery) add them much later while adding cheese, otherwise they may burn out.
- Once you have your vegetables ready. Heat up half teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of butter in a non-stick frying pan in low to medium heat. You can use just olive oil or just butter as well. If you are using just butter, please remember butter tends to burn without a little bit of oil, so low flames.
- Add you vegetables and a pinch of salt, put on the lid and cover cook until the spinach wilts , roughly 3-4 mins. After the spinach has wilted cover cook for another 2 mins and then cook without cover for a minute or so to remove excess water.
- Add in your egg mixture in the lowest possible flame. Now the flame is very important if you are to have fluffy eggs.
- Cover for a 1.5-2 minutes. Once your eggs start to form, scramble them. Add the cheese. Cover again, and repeat this step two the three more times.
- Open lid and let the excess water dry out for about 30 secs and turn off the gas.
Don’t eat right out of a pan, since hot spinach tends to tatse slightly bitter. Let the eggs sit for about 1-2 mins (cover the pan) and serve. This isn’t true for baby spinach.
Olive oil or butter are all healthy fats so don’t shy away from overindulging.
If you are on Keto don’t use milk for the eggsl mixture, use water instead and definitely use lots of cheese.
If you liked this recipe please let me know in the comments section below.