10 Minute Fried Maggie Recipe : (one person)
- Finely chopped chilies – 1/2
- Finely chopped capsicum (optional, but recommended) – 1/6th of one mid sized capsicum, add more if you like.
- Finely chopped carrot (optional) – 1/6th of one mid sized carrot, add more if you like.
- Finely chopped beans (optional) – 2/3
- Finely Chopped garlic (optional) – 1 clove
- Broadly Chopped onion (optional, but recommended) – 1 mid sized
- One Egg
- Milk- 1 tbs
- A Packet of Maggie Instant Noodles (not the small one)
- Oil – 2 tbs (non-stick frying pan) / 3tbs (khadai)
- A non-stick frying pan/khadai
- Grounded Black Pepper (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Make scrambled egg (bhurji) : Beat eggs, milk (optional), a pinch of salt, chilies and onion(optional) in bowl until mixture has one consistency. Heat a small non-stick frying pan for a minute or so pour in the egg mixture and let it sit, without stirring, for 20 seconds. Stir with a spoon till the eggs are not runny anymore(but still soft). Your scrambled eggs are done. Set them aside.
- Take water in a bowl, bring it to boiling. Add the Maggie ( do not cover the bowl). In 2 minutes or so you will see the strands of Maggie becoming lose and separating. Stir to separate the stands. Turn off the gas and drain all the water immediately. This is the most important step. Let the noodles sit outside to dry a little bit .
- In a frying pan heat oil. Add the chopped carrots and beans at first. Stir fry for a minute. Then add the capsicum, stir fry. Add the onions and after 1 minute or so add the semi-bolied Maggie and its taste maker (make sure that the taste maker is well spread). Stir fry for 4-5 minutes. (add some salt if required) Add the scrambled eggs. Stir fry for another minute. Turn off the gas. Server hot.