If ghosts exist – After my worldly affairs come to an end, I would definitely apply to be a MECHO BHOOT. The GHOST obsessed with eating fish. They go lurking around homes in search of the… More
Today if I tell you that I’m going to select a PERFECT DRINK for you using the stars, you might roll your eyes, or call me a lunatic. Well, believe it or not your Zodiac Sign has much to say about your boozing desires and apathies. Remember how you always like beer while your best friend is a wine person – seems random? Well, ask your stars!! Continue reading “HOROSCOPE-BOOZING: Now what the hell is that?”
When I read Reflexion, the first thing that comes to my mind are mirrors!!
‘Mirror Mirror on the Wall, who is the Fairest of them all? ‘ – A famous quote from Snow White
Do you remember those scenes from the hindi movies – a white bed placed randomly on a beach with lots of white frills, white cushions and white curtains? Well, the moment I entered Zucca Lounge Rooftop Arena, that’s what struck me – a portion of the sitting area was designed in that fashion!! SO CHIC !! Continue reading “Zucca Lounge: The Rooftop Destination”
Few things in life remain etched in our memories forever! Be it significant, be it inconsequential, be it small, be it big, be it happy, be it sad; we recall them time and again through our walk of life. Sometimes it’s something at the back of our mind, sometimes it’s just an incident, sometimes it’s reminiscing, and sometimes it’s even re-living! Continue reading “Aura (Hotel Sonnet) : Symphony in Harmony”
Located in the Heart of Southern Avenue , close to Somaj Sebi Pujo / Lake Kali Bari – right beside Raymond’s Seconds Showroom. While Southern Avenue has many restaurants offering delectable Pan Asian food , this place is my recent favorite. With a wide array of offerings like Chinese, Thai, Indonesian, Seafood, Asian, Malaysian, Singaporean their chef from Shanghai, China has nailed it. Being a experienced chef and a Chinese by origin his secret recipes definitely gives the place an edge.
The decor is minimalist but pretty. Coming to the food. We started with Shanghai Hawkers Soup, Hua Hin Highway Rolls ( veg & nonveg) followed by an array for Asia House special in house Dumplings. I personally love mild soups where the natural flavors of the ingredients aren’t inhibited by too much spice or sauce. And this soup was perfect. The rolls , especially the chicken one was quite nice. I fell in love with the pork dumplings since the stuffing was just optimum and the flavors of the pork infused perfectly with the spices. And who am I kidding here, pork rules!! The dumplings are definite must try.
In mains it was Pla Gra Tiem that won my heart. I’m a fish lover and obsessor, and for years have been nicknamed ‘MECHO’ (the Bengali Ghost obsessed with Fish). I wear the name with pride. Coming to the Pla Gra Tiem which is a traditional Thai Dish cooked in Garlic, Black Pepper and Basil Sauce. And I must say it was delectable to the core. The fish (basa) was fresh and blended perfectly with the sauces to create an memorable experience. This is another must try. I had the fish with another traditional Thai dish – Khao Pad Krateim, Thai fried rice cooked in Thai oil and burnt garlic. Loved the combination.
After the mind blowing fish, I had the Hong Kong Sweet & Spicy Chicken which was spicier, but I welcomed the change of pallet.
Ended the meal with some conventional (read as one of my all time favorites) darshan with ice cream. Loved it.
The staff was helpful and the prices are really affordable. Only thing is , now I need to go back for their Khaw Suey – saw the couple next to me opt for the Khaw Suey and ever since I have been day dreaming about it.
I’m NO FASHIONISTA – I’m fat, I have always been so. In my everyday, I make do with some basic hacks or guidelines to make me look slightly slimmer than what I’m in actuality. I thought of sharing them with you. People who know me keep on asking why I end up wearing so many skirts, and what are the basic things that I look at while purchasing one. Here is what I think you should do if you are short n plump (read fat) like me :
1. Discard anything that has a typical ‘ELASTIC WAISTBAND’ : Trust me when I say this, waist bands are not for anyone with belly fat. The reason is simple – waistbands form a noticeable bulge below the region that it is placed,making your belly fat all the more visible.
2. Show off your LEGS : If you are short n stout , show off that leg.. surprised much ? Let me explain – knee length or midi skirts are the ideal. Showing off some part your leg or at least your ankle & feet goes a long way in making you look taller and thinner tooooooo ( trust me on this) . If you chose to go maxi pair it with some heels and make sure it’s not wiping the floor after you. If you chose to go mini, match it with knee or thigh high boots as these will create the illusion of longer and slimmer legs. But whatever skirt you wear, it should be well fitted at the waist. The WAIST is the most important part of your body that gets highlighted in a skirt.
3. Go A-LINE / FIT & FLARED : Well-fitted at the waist and rest should be lose, flowy and flared. The flare aspect of any skirt will help you hide that tummy n thighs and the basic cut will give your body a nice shape. Moreover it will allow you to tuck in your top or blouse giving you that perfect curve around the waist. Please keep in mind that while they have some flare, it’s not too much. And with your fit & flare skirt , make sure that the fit part of it isn’t making your stomach bulge.
4. Make it DARK and/or PATTERNED : Yes, we have all heard it – ‘Dark Colors makes one look Thinner’ and it’s true. Go basic. Most Indians have issues in their tummy region and thighs, so no need to go light-colored their. Also patterns help break the color and gives a slimmer illusion. But make sure it’s not horizontal. Anything horizontal will make you look plump, so however cute that horizontal pattern is, it’s a strict No No.
5. Don’t FLARE it much : While A-Line skirts are excellent for stout people, make sure that there isn’t too much of flare. This will kill the entire purpose of wearing skirts and you will end up looking short n fat. The thumb rule for flare is – less pleat , preferably no inner lining , and most importantly once you wear it – it doesn’t look either like a ghagra(too much flare) or a petticoat(too less flare). Too much flare = Too much volume = Look Fat.
6. Make it to the TOP : Well, once you get that perfect skirt you need to know that perfect top to pair it with. I say a tight or shapely top (preferably tucked in) with a flowy skirt is the best choice. You can also wear a shirt but tucking it in is imperative. With skirts your entire emphasis is on the waist, remember that.
Well, if you are still unsure , just send me a pic of your skirt and yourself and I will try my best to help you.
Hey, have fun with it !!